Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Monster

One of the worst moments of my life was when I experienced one of the tools of war but not actual war itself. I was in Nigeria at the time when a military stockade in Ikeja ,my area, blew up along with the bombs it was housing. The following explosions lasted for months up on till the time I left Nigeria to live in U.S.A. The government had to request the help of a U.S bomb squad to remove the rest of the bombs. The explosions went on around the clock at school, at night every time the constant staccato of the bomb squads efforts to dispose of the bombs. I lived in constant fear of what would happen if one bomb just happened to go astray. Recently when I went back in 2009 the sounds of bombs still echo in my heart but most of my homeland is making progress economically to make sure a disaster like that never happens again.

No comments:

Post a Comment